Thursday, May 12, 2016

R.I.P. Musee Conti Wax Museum

IMG_0229
Just got the sad news that the Musee Conti Wax Museum in New Orleans folded a couple of months ago! It seems like kismet that we got to see it. I'd wanted to check it out for years and it was one of the first places we visited when we made our trip there last fall. In an all too familiar story, the museum was sold and is to be replaced by condominiums.
SO. I was actually planning to do this post in October for the Halloween season, but now that they're defunct there's little point in waiting. The museum had an entire section of displays inspired by horror characters, especially ones from Universal pictures.
Phantom of the Opera
Phantom of the Opera!
Dracula!
Dracula!
Frankenstein!
Frankenstein!
IMG_0222
Quasimodo, I think?
IMG_0223
The Vampire Meets the Wolf Man!
Creature from the Black Lagoon!
Creature from the Black Lagoon!
IMG_0226
The Pit and the Pendulum!
IMG_0227
The Murders in the Rue Morgue!
IMG_0228
Cyclops!
The rest of the museum was devoted to New Orleans history and lore -- I have dozens more photos, which I'm liable to share in future, just cuz I'm bummed it's gone. Someone please start a new wax museum in New Orleans right away. And while you're at it, start one in Coney Island!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home