Tuesday, March 08, 2022

A Saturday in Geneva, New York

This is a companion piece to my Travalanche article on Geneva's Smith Opera House, which I visited this past weekend. This was only my second out-of-town trip since the start of the pandemic, and as such very much appreciated We had a little time to kill before and after the production of Cirque International we saw, so I walked around and took a few snaps:


Seneca Lake, which connects Geneva to the Atlantic Ocean through New York's famous canal system.


America's first accredited female doctor Elizabeth Blackwell graduated here in 1849. 


The old Elks' hall I mentioned in my other post. It was originally Collins Hall, built 1893, and another place that hosted historic suffrage meetings. 

Geneva Armory dates to 1892. 


The Beef and Brew, where I consumed a tasty shepherd's pie and Guinness before catching Cirque 
International at the Smith Opera House. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home